Website Privacy Statement
- SCOPE OF THIS PRIVACY STATEMENT
This Privacy Statement describes the types of personal information RCP Advisors 3, LLC (“Company,” “us,” “we” or “our”) collects through https://gpscout.rcpadvisors.com(the “Site”), and how we collect, use, and share that information. This Privacy Statement does not govern our collection of personally identifiable information (“Personal Information”) through any website or other means, other than through the Site.
By using GPScout (the “Site”), you explicitly accept, without limitation or qualification, our practices surrounding the collection, use, and sharing of Personal Information provided by you in the manner described in this Privacy Statement. If you do not agree with the terms of this Privacy Statement, please do not access, browse, or use the Site.
- PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
- Sources of Personal Information.
Personal Information is collected directly from you where you:
- Visit the Site;
- Enter information on the Site;
- Submit a request for information from the Company through the Site; or
- Contact the Company through the Site
- Categories of Personal Information.
The Personal Information collected by the Company through the Site includes:
- Identifiers (name, email, address, phone number, organization name, usernames, user ID)
We use identifiers to facilitate our relationship with you, contact you, respond to messages, comply with contractual obligations, make you aware of other products that may interest you, comply with our legal and regulatory obligation, and compile personal information collected through the Site on an aggregate basis.
- Internet or other electronic network activity information (platform/devices used, session analytic information, domain name of the website that allowed you to navigate to the Site, search engines used, IP address, duration, number of sessions per user, page views, pages visited on the Site, websites visited before and after visiting the Site, new/returning visitor, average session duration, frequency, bounce rate, language, date, time, country, city, browser, operating and network system, service provider, screen resolution, acquisition channel and date, user flow, channel, source/medium, entrances, average time on page, session ID, folder ID, search terms)
RCP uses internet or other electronic network activity information to monitor user behavior on the Site and improve the Site’s capabilities and service offerings.
- Characteristics of protected classifications (gender, age)
RCP uses characteristics of protected classifications to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations, and compile personal information on an aggregate basis.
- Professional or employment-related information (company affiliation, areas of interest in various geographic markets and private capital segments)
RCP uses professional or employment-related information to verify your information, comply with our legal and regulatory obligations, comply with internal compliance requirements, identify and prevent fraud and other unlawful activity, and compile information collected through the Site on an aggregate basis.
- With Whom we Share Personal Information
We do not sell any of your Personal Information, including your name, mailing address or email address to any companies.
We may share your Personal Information collected through the Site with the following:
- Subsidiaries and Affiliates. We may share Personal Information with our subsidiaries and affiliates for the purposes for which you provided the information or as reasonably necessary for our internal administrative and business purposes.
- Service Providers. We work with third parties that provide services on our behalf. Such services may include website hosting and website usage analytics. We may share Personal Information and non-personal information with these third parties for the purpose of enabling them to provide these services.
- Google Analytics. We may use Google Analytics to gather statistics on portions of the Site. We may use the information gathered to improve web services. According to Google, Google Analytics employs cookies to define user sessions, which allows for the collection of important data about how users use the Site. Google Analytics uses only first-party cookies for data analysis. This means that the cookies are linked to the Site’s website domain(s), and Google Analytics will only use that cookie data for statistical analysis related to your browsing behavior through the Site. According to Google, the data collected cannot be altered or retrieved by services from other domains. If you choose, you can opt out by turning off cookies in the preferences settings in your browser. For more information on Google Analytics, please visit Google’s web site.
- Consent. We may share personal information in accordance with any consent you provide.
- Public Information. Any information which you upload, post, e-mail, submit or otherwise transmit to, through, or in connection with the Site to a public message board, chat area, forum for user reviews, or other public area of the Site, if available, becomes public information. You are solely responsible for any such information you choose to post on or through the Site, and you may always choose not to divulge any personal information to the public when posting to a message board, chat area or other public area of the Site. All information that is posted to a message board, chat area, forum for user reviews, or other public area of the Site may be shared by us with others.
- Required by Law. We may disclose personal information or any information collected through this Site if we are required to do so by law or pursuant to legal process, in response to a request from government officials or law enforcement authorities, or as necessary or appropriate in connection with an investigation of illegal activity.
- Aggregate Information.We may compile personal information and other information collected through the Site on an aggregate basis. This information may include, without limitation, the number of users who have registered for the Site, demographic information about users of the Site, and individual purchase preferences. Such aggregate information does not identify you individually. We may use aggregate information and share aggregate information with third parties for any of the purposes specified in this Privacy Statement, and for any other lawful purpose.
- YOUR CHOICES
- Information You Provide.
You can always choose whether or not to provide information on the Site. However, if you choose not to disclose certain information, you may not be able to register as a user of the Site, which may limit your access to certain portions of the Site.
- Communications from Us.
- INFORMATION STORAGE AND SECURITY
We employ reasonable security precautions to protect personal information about you. The Site is operated from a secure environment with integrated security measures to help protect against the loss, misuse, and alteration of personal information provided on or through the Site. However, no method of transmitting or storing data is completely secure. As a result, although we strive to protect personal information about you, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit to us through or in connection with the Site. If you have reason to believe that personal information is no longer secure, please notify us immediately by contacting us in accordance with the last section below.
- CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
If you are a resident of the state of California, the following rights are available to you under the California Consumer Privacy Act.
- Right to Access
You have the right to request that RCP disclose the categories of Personal Information collected, the categories of sources from which Personal Information is collected, the business or commercial purpose for collection, the categories of third parties with which RCP shares Personal Information, and the specific pieces of Personal Information that RCP has about you. You also have the right to request that the Company provide your Personal Information to you in a readily useable format.
- Right to Request Deletion
You have the right to request that the Company delete Personal Information that the Company collected from you. Note, however, that certain requests to delete Personal Information may be denied if the Company is required to retain the information as a matter of law, the information is necessary for detecting security incidents, exercising free speech, protecting or defending against legal claims, or for internal uses reasonably aligned with consumer expectations.
- Right to Non-Discrimination
You have the right not to receive discriminatory treatment by the Company for exercise of these privacy rights. The Company does not offer financial incentives related to the provision of information.
- Authorized Agent
You have the right to designate an authorized agent to make these requests on your behalf.
- Exercising your Rights
To exercise any of these rights, please call the Company’s toll-free number at 866-758-1231 or contact the Company via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. The Company may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access the Personal Information (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is another appropriate security measure to ensure that Personal Information is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it.
- A SPECIAL NOTE ABOUT CHILDREN
Children are not eligible to use the Site, and we ask that minors (children under the age of 13) not submit any personal information to us.
- EXTERNAL LINKS
- SPECIAL ADMONITIONS FOR INTERNATIONAL USE
The Site is hosted in the United States of America and is intended for use by residents of the United States of America only. All matters relating to the Site are governed exclusively by the laws of the State of Illinois in the United States of America and not the jurisdiction in which you are located. If you are located outside of the United States of America and you contact us, please be advised that any information you provide to us will be transferred to the United States of America and that by submitting information, you explicitly authorize such transfer.
- UPDATES TO THIS PRIVACY STATEMENT
The Company reserves the right to change our privacy policies and this Website Privacy Statement at any time. This notice is intended to comply with the privacy provisions of applicable U.S. federal law as well as the California Consumer Protection Act. We will post a notice on this Site to advise you of any significant changes to this Privacy Statement and indicate via the “Last Updated” legend at the bottom of this Website Privacy Statement when it was most recently updated. Your continued use of the Site signifies your continued assent to the terms of this Privacy Statement, as updated or amended at that time.
- QUESTIONS REGARDING THIS PRIVACY STATEMENT
For questions concerning this privacy statement, please contact Nell Blatherwick at 312-266-7300 or via email at email@example.com
This privacy statement was last updated: January 31, 2020.